Maryann Bacon Whittlesey
- Portrait of Maryann Bacon
- View of Quebec from Point Levi by Maryann Bacon Whittlesey
- View of Quebec from the Opposite Shore by Maryann Bacon Whittlesey
- Portrait of Maryann Bacon Whittlesey
- Silk Embroidery by Maryann Bacon Whittlesey
- Drawing of Maryann Bacon Whittlesey
- Litchfield Female Academy Collection
Records for the schools were sporadic, especially in the formative years of both institutions. If instructors kept comprehensive records for the Litchfield Female Academy or the Litchfield Law School, they do not survive. Researchers and staff have identified students through letters, diaries, family histories and genealogies, and town histories as well as catalogues of students printed in various years. Art and needlework have provided further identification of Female Academy Students, and Litchfield County Bar records document a number of Law School students. The history of both schools and the identification of the students who attended them owe credit to the early 20th century research and documentation efforts of Emily Noyes Vanderpoel and Samuel Fisher, and the late 20th century research and documentation efforts of Lynne Templeton Brickley and the Litchfield Historical Society staff.
Do you have more information for the Ledger?
If you have family papers, objects, or any other details you would like to share, or if you would like to obtain a copy of an image for publication, please contact us at email@example.com.