New York, NY
Judson Canfield was educated at Yale College, graduating in 1782. In 1786, his uncle, John Canfield, the first lawyer in Sharon, CT, died, and Judson moved to Sharon and established a successful law practice. Many of his clients conducted business or resided in Dutchess County, New York. Ten years later in 1796, Canfield purchased land in the Western Reserve (later Ohio) from the Connecticut Land Co. His holdings eventually totaled thousands of acres, including property in present-day Bainbridge, Canfield (which was named for him in ...
- Mourning Brooch for Judson Canfield, Mabel Ruggles Canfield and Frederick Augustus Tallmadge
- Judson Canfield papers
- Samuel Flewwelling papers
- Portrait of Judson Canfield
- Portrait of Judson Canfield - 1796
- Landscape of Canfield Home by Ralph Earl
- County Court Docket
- Portrait of Henry, Julia and Elizabeth Canfield
Do you have more information for the Ledger?
If you have family papers, objects, or any other details you would like to share, or if you would like to obtain a copy of an image for publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.